If you’re excited for the end of 2020 – clap your hands.
I don’t know about you all, but I am so ready to welcome the new year and – hopefully – it is a million times better than this one.
Anyways, I’m sure not many have noticed but I was on a short hiatus from my blog. Life itself had become overwhelming as I’m sure many of you can relate.
Even so, during the last couple of hectic months of this year, I managed to try new things (mostly in the kitchen), and I’m quite happy with what it has yielded.
One of those things is my recipe for crunchy almond treats!
Now, without further ado, here’s how I made them:
- 2 cups of whole *unsalted* almonds
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of cane sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon (or more, if you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- In a large pan, pour the water and set to medium-high heat
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (except for the almonds) and stir in the bowl to fully combine them.
- As soon as the water starts to boil, add the vanilla extract to the water and lightly stir to evenly distribute it.
- Pour the dry ingredient mixture evenly on the pan (think about covering the entire bottom of the pan with a nice layer of the sugar mixture)
- DO NOT stir the sugar into the water – leave it how you poured it
- Let the water and sugar mixture boil for about 30 seconds, then, pour the almonds in.
- Let the almonds sit on the sugar/water mixture for a minute
- Begin to lightly stir the almonds and mixture
- Continue to stir until the sugar thickens
- Once the sugar has a moderately thick consistency, pour the contents of the pan onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread almonds evenly on baking sheet and let cool – Enjoy!